Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Carol <ce...@verizon.net> on 2016/06/13 12:01:28 UTC

spreadsheet program

I had used your Open Office word processing program for a long time, but your spreadsheet program had serious problems. I believe I wrote to you about it but never got an answer. And then for whatever reason, the word processing program put everything into a spreadsheet, so with no response from you, I just removed the whole thing. I do have an older version of Microsoft Works, but I get a not enough space sometimes when I want to use the word processing program. It could be Windows 10, I don’t remember when I first started having problems with it. anyway, I was happy with your software originally, but had too many problems later on. Is it compatible with Windows 10?

Re: spreadsheet program

Posted by Carol <ce...@verizon.net>.
Well, it probably wasn't that serious to anyone but me. I downloaded Open
Office again, hoping to have the same "problem" so I could take a snapshot
and send it to Brian. I did, and the problem was that it was set at 42%. I
had never noticed that, because the spreadsheet program I had been using
opened up to the right size. So he had me set it to 100%, and that was it.
Now it's fine.

Posted by Dave <da...@gmail.com>.
Richard,

Carol is not subscribed to the list. As one of the list moderators, I
have redirected a copy of your message to her.

However, if Brian had notified or cc'd the list, you would not have
needed to ask the question. Since the earliest days of the OOo users
mailing list Brian has operated his own private off-list support. While
Brian's advice is almost always accurate, it often means that other list
subscribers are left in the dark and can (I have) waste time and effort
providing an on-list answer that has already been given off-list. Plus
this somewhat defeats the purpose of a community support list. That is
NOT to say that off-list postings should be banned, or restricted in any
way, but as a matter of simple courtesy the other 500+ list subscribers
should be "kept in the loop".

Since Brian and I have debated this matter for over a decade, I very
much doubt that it is about to change now.

Regards
Dave

Re: spreadsheet program

Posted by Richard Detwiler <RL...@aol.com>.
Carol,

Re: spreadsheet program

Re: spreadsheet program

Posted by Doug <dm...@optonline.net>.
On 06/13/2016 06:39 PM, Martin Groenescheij wrote:

> On 13/06/16 10:01 PM, Carol wrote:
>> I had used your Open Office word processing program for a long time,
>> but your spreadsheet program had serious problems.
> And what are the serious problems?
>> I believe I wrote to you about it but never got an answer.
> You believe you wrote, but I can't find your question in the archive.
> We can't answer questions we didn't received
>> And then for whatever reason, the word processing program put
>> everything into a spreadsheet,
> Word processing programs don't put anything into a spreadsheet, but
> users sometimes do.
>>   so with no response from you,
> We don't answer questions that were not received
>> I just removed the whole thing.
> So, problem solved
>> I do have an older version of Microsoft Works, but I get a not enough
>> space sometimes when I want to use the word processing program.
> Enough space for what?
>> It could be Windows 10, I don\u2019t remember when I first started having
>> problems with it. anyway, I was happy with your software originally,
>> but had too many problems later on.
> If you can't remember it could be either a long time ago or, but then
> there was no Windows 10, or you have a short memory.
>> Is it compatible with Windows 10?
> You removed it already, so this is an obsolete question.

To the poster who is having trouble with Apache and M/S Works: Have you
tried the office suite from SoftMakerOffice? TextMaker is the word
processor and PlanMaker is the spread sheet.

The program is relatively inexpensive for an office suite. I believe
there is a free trial version--there is for Linux, so I assume there is
for windows. I've been using the SoftMaker suite

for some time now. It's not fussy like OpenOffice. It reads and writes a
whole bunch of protocols.

--doug

Re: spreadsheet program

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.