Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Joey Echeverria <jo...@cloudera.com> on 2012/03/01 04:45:01 UTC

Re: no log function for map/red in a cluster setup

Try adding the log4j.properties file to he distributed cache, e.g.:

hadoop jar job.jar -config conf -files conf/log4j.properties my.package.Class arg1

-Joey

Posted by GUOJUN Zhu <gu...@freddiemac.com>.
Thank you very much.  But that does not help.  I did try to symbolic link
one into my working directory "-files
conf/log4j.proeprties#mylog4j.properties", and then put a specified
configuration in jvm options

 <property>
    <name>mapred.child.java.opts</name>
    <value> -Dlog4j.configuration=mylog4j.properties</value>
  </property>
This messed up the task log output in some degree, the "syslog" section
completely has completely gone. Nevertheless,   it does not work.  It
seems hadoop engine did some special log setting.  What should I do?

Thanks.

Zhu, Guojun
Modeling Sr Graduate
571-3824370