Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2008/04/07 15:22:33 UTC

Migration guide for 2.1......

With 2.1 coming up real soon, we need to collect information for a
migration guide for people moving from 2.0.x to 2.1.    The things I
know about (off the top of my head):

1) Aegis databinding configuration is different (but better). :-)

2) Code generated for WS-Addressing endpoints is very different.   The
old CXF EndpointReferenceType is replaced with the jaxws standard
version.

3) java2wsdl tools are gone (including maven plugin) replaced with the
java2ws tool.

What else do people know about that could affect people migrating from
2.0.x to 2.1?

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA

Re: Migration guide for 2.1......

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.
Thanks Sergey.  (BTW, for some reason it's "advertise" even for us
Americans.)

Glen

Re: Migration guide for 2.1......

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <se...@iona.com>.
Hi

I think I may've said that updating a WS-Policy engine for it to be able to publish/advertize policy assertions for the consumers to automatically pick them up would be on the top of my list, as far as the WS-Policy engine refactoring were concerned...It hasn't been implemented though, but when it will it won't affect the existng consumers, as these advertized policy assertions will be recognized by the policy-aware client runtimes only...
So it should not be an issue for the migration...

Cheers, Sergey

> IIRC Sergey or someone else was placing in additional policy assertions
> (ability for the web service provider to require use of WS-RM or SSL or
> WS-Security?)
>

> Am Montag, den 07.04.2008, 09:22 -0400 schrieb Daniel Kulp:
>> With 2.1 coming up real soon, we need to collect information for a
>> migration guide for people moving from 2.0.x to 2.1.    The things I
>> know about (off the top of my head):
>>
>> 1) Aegis databinding configuration is different (but better). :-)
>>
>> 2) Code generated for WS-Addressing endpoints is very different.   The
>> old CXF EndpointReferenceType is replaced with the jaxws standard
>> version.
>>
>> 3) java2wsdl tools are gone (including maven plugin) replaced with the
>> java2ws tool.
>>
>> What else do people know about that could affect people migrating from
>> 2.0.x to 2.1?

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

Re: Migration guide for 2.1......

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.

RE: Migration guide for 2.1......

Posted by "O'Callaghan, Sean" <se...@iona.com>.
I've done this and all work fine.
Also against jdk1.6_04 all samples work with the exception of js_provider.

Registered Number: 171387

Re: Migration guide for 2.1......

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.