Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net> on 2006/09/12 12:03:38 UTC

why does ap_invoke_handler init input filters?

Hi all,
  I've been trying to solve my confusion on the exact order of hooks and
filters being invoked inside an HTTP request, and was wondering why
ap_invoke_filter_init(r->input_filters) is called inside of
ap_invoke_handler (server/config.c:338) ?

I can understand initializing output filters at this point, but input
filters that want to work with the request headers would have been
inserted at the create_request hook (and invoked by the time we got to
post_read_request and the quick-handler, let alone the response
handler), so what are we really trying to initialize at this point?

Thanks for the insight,
  Issac

Re: why does ap_invoke_handler init input filters?

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
If I went to all that trouble to give a line number below, I should
probably mention that I'm looking at the 2.2.3 release.  Sorry for not
mentioning that the first time around.