Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Naha, Koustav" <ko...@dxc.com> on 2023/11/29 15:22:55 UTC

How to get Remote user value in Apache

Hi all,

I am using Apache(2.4) in the front end and Jboss(7.4) in the backend. The page is coming up and after giving the user id and password it is being authenticated.
next is when we go to some create function which takes the REMOTE_USER value and inserts into the database. Here we are not getting  the remote user value as null.

Is there any settings I have to apply to get the value? I tried some remedies from internet but all are failing. Please help in this.

Thanks,

Koustav

Re: How to get Remote user value in Apache

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Koustav,

On 11/29/23 10:22, Naha, Koustav wrote:
> I am using Apache(2.4) in the front end and Jboss(7.4) in the
> backend. The page is coming up and after giving the user id and
> password it is being authenticated. next is when we go to some create
> function which takes the REMOTE_USER value and inserts into the
> database. Here we are not getting  the remote user value as null.
>
> Is there any settings I have to apply to get the value? I tried some
> remedies from internet but all are failing. Please help in this.
I assume you are using a Tomcat-based JBoss (IIRC, not all JBosses are
based upon Tomcat)?

How are Apache httpd and JBoss/Tomcat connected to each other? The
answer depends on exactly how you are doing that.

-chris