Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by harrygoo <gu...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/24 10:06:33 UTC

consumer cant receive messages

hi, I am using activemq-4.0, sometimes my consumer cant receive any message
from ActiveMQ. In the JConsole, I can see the connection is connected, the
QueueSize is bigger than 0, and DequeueCount is bigger than EnqueueCount
(this make me feel confused) . Then I close the connection of the consumer
and restart a new one, the consumer can receive the previous message
sucessfully. But after a period of time, the consumer cant receive the
message again.

Thanks for any ideas on what my problem is.

harry

Re: consumer cant receive messages

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 24 February 2010 09:06, harrygoo <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi, I am using activemq-4.0, sometimes my consumer cant receive any message
> from ActiveMQ. In the JConsole, I can see the connection is connected, the
> QueueSize is bigger than 0, and DequeueCount is bigger than EnqueueCount
> (this make me feel confused) . Then I close the connection of the consumer
> and restart a new one, the consumer can receive the previous message
> sucessfully. But after a period of time, the consumer cant receive the
> message again.
>
> Thanks for any ideas on what my problem is.

ActiveMQ 4.0 was released 4 years ago; since then ActiveMQ has been
used very heavily in many production settings and many bug fixes have
been performed. Its maybe time to upgrade?

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration