Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Robin Fowler <ro...@outlook.com> on 2013/01/30 15:21:03 UTC

Logo Design (v4)

Ok so this what i've made, I'm sending two different versions, one with the feather and one without. The gulls are aligned to form the shape of a book (hence the text). The Font is the Bitstream Vera font. I didn't spend much time on the feather, it's one of the things i will work on some more. The reason i didn't use the apache brand feather is simply that it doesn't really fit the design. I'm happy to make some changes if there's any requests.

Regards,
Robin

Re: Logo Design (v4)

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
Just have a look ath the following  linik

http://www.openshotvideo.com/

for an idea of the logo

With Warm Regards

V.Kadal Amutham
919444360480
914422396480

Re: Logo Design (v4)

Posted by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com>.

Re: Logo Design (v4)

Posted by Robin Fowler <ro...@outlook.com>.
Thanks for all the feedback. I'll incorporate the requests soon. Should I send the result in a mail or just upload it to the wiki? (or both? still a bit confused here)

Re: Logo Design (v4)

Posted by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com>.

Re: Logo Design (v4)

Posted by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Robin,

Re: Logo Design (v4)

Posted by "Khan Md. Anwarus Salam" <km...@gmail.com>.
I like this logo! it really goes well with IMLD theme "The book"!

With Best Regards,
Khan Md. Anwarus Salam

Re: Logo Design (v4)

Posted by Robin Fowler <ro...@outlook.com>.

Re: Logo Design (v4)

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
Robin Fowler wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks for the feedback. I've made a version with medium sized text
> and smaller text. The problem I see with the small text is that when
> scaled down it is a little small for reading (you can see in the
> comparison image). There would have to be different logos for
> different sizes in this case i think. My personal preference is the
> medium size.
>

> Robin
>

> On 30 Jan 2013, at 16:34, Samer Mansour <samer519@gmail.com
> <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> I actually like the feather, its the white gulls and the apache feather's
>> shape. Symbolically its strong.
>> Something we could adopt for the website design, not particularly for the
>> icon or logo. ie a background for start up screen etc.
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Kadal Amutham <vkadal@gmail.com
>> <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Mr. Robin,
>>>
>>> The one with the feather looks better. Can you reduce the size of the
>>> OpenOffice 4 by half and even less so that the image becomes
>>> prominent. Can
>>> you make an image with AOO4?
>>>
>>> With Warm Regards
>>>
>>> V.Kadal Amutham
>>> 919444360480

Re: Logo Design (v4)

Posted by Robin Fowler <ro...@outlook.com>.
Hi,

On 30 Jan 2013, at 16:34, Samer Mansour <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I actually like the feather, its the white gulls and the apache feather's
> shape.  Symbolically its strong.
> Something we could adopt for the website design, not particularly for the
> icon or logo.  ie a background for start up screen etc.
>
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Mr. Robin,
>>
>> The one with the feather looks better. Can you reduce the size of the
>> OpenOffice 4 by half and even less so that the image becomes prominent. Can
>> you make an image with AOO4?
>>
>> With Warm Regards
>>
>> V.Kadal Amutham
>> 919444360480
>> 914422396480
>>

>> On 30 January 2013 19:51, Robin Fowler <ro...@outlook.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Ok so this what i've made, I'm sending two different versions, one with
>>> the feather and one without. The gulls are aligned to form the shape of a
>>> book (hence the text). The Font is the Bitstream Vera font. I didn't spend
>>> much time on the feather, it's one of the things i will work on some more.
>>> The reason i didn't use the apache brand feather is simply that it doesn't
>>> really fit the design. I'm happy to make some changes if there's any
>>> requests.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Robin
>>>
>>> On 30 Jan 2013, at 14:03, Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Mr. Robin,
>>>
>>> The openoffice.org needs a complete overhaul, right from the logo. The
>>> site
>>> needs to be attractive  since we have no other inducement to keep the
>>> visitors to stay on the website like free offers, gifts etc. If you have
>>> any design, post it here so that eveybody can see.
>>>
>>> (If the attachment is large, the server may reject the mail. Then you can
>>> post it at some site and send the link. Or send the details to me and I
>>> will upload the file and place the link here.
>>>
>>> With Warm Regards
>>>
>>> V.Kadal Amutham
>>> 919444360480

Re: Logo Design (v4)

Posted by Robin Fowler <ro...@outlook.com>.
This is the comparison i mentioned (was too much for one mail).

Robin

On 30 Jan 2013, at 22:05, Robin Fowler <ro...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> thanks for the feedback. I've made a version with medium sized text and smaller text. The problem I see with the small text is that when scaled down it is a little small for reading (you can see in the comparison image). There would have to be different logos for different sizes in this case i think. My personal preference is the medium size.
>
> <OO_4_Design_01_small.png><OO_4_Design_01_medium.png>
>
> Robin
>

> On 30 Jan 2013, at 16:34, Samer Mansour <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I actually like the feather, its the white gulls and the apache feather's
>> shape.  Symbolically its strong.
>> Something we could adopt for the website design, not particularly for the
>> icon or logo.  ie a background for start up screen etc.
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Mr. Robin,
>>>
>>> The one with the feather looks better. Can you reduce the size of the
>>> OpenOffice 4 by half and even less so that the image becomes prominent. Can
>>> you make an image with AOO4?
>>>
>>> With Warm Regards
>>>
>>> V.Kadal Amutham
>>> 919444360480

Re: Logo Design (v4)

Posted by Samer Mansour <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Logo Design (v4)

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
Dear Mr. Robin,

Re: Logo Design (v4)

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
Robin:

As you have mentioned the middle one is the best. Just have a look  at the
existing logo. It has a shine. Try to introduce the same in this one also.
You have added a book to denote writer. Can you change the second page as a
table to denote calc? And rotate the image, reduce the size of the top
bird, so that it will give a perspective feel.

With Warm Regards

V.Kadal Amutham
919444360480
914422396480