Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Deepal Dhariwal <de...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/16 19:57:57 UTC

Section Tagging Clinical Notes

Hello all,

I was looking at
SecTag<http://knowledgemap.mc.vanderbilt.edu/research/content/sectag-tagging-clinical-note-section-headers>
and
I was wondering whether ctakes has a provision or are planning to have a
Section Tag annotator. i.e. it annotates "History of Previous Illness",
"Medications on Admission" as section headers in clinical documents.

Regards
Deepal Dhariwal

Re: Section Tagging Clinical Notes

Posted by Tim Miller <ti...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
For the record, there is a class called CONST in the type-system module
that defines the polarity types (along with other attributes) -- if you
are writing code you should use those constants
(NE_POLARITY_NEGATION_ABSENT vs. NE_POLARITY_NEGATION_PRESENT). If
you're not writing code then this is just a public service message to
everyone else on the list!
Tim

On 02/22/2013 02:28 PM, Deepal Dhariwal wrote:
> Thanks for your quick reply.
>
> Regards
> Deepal Dhariwal
>
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Masanz, James J. <Ma...@mayo.edu>wrote: