Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by yasser arafat <ya...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/24 21:32:46 UTC

Servicemix 4.2 in JBoss 5.1 Felix conatiner

Hello All,

I am trying to make Servicemix 4.2 run in Jboss 5.1 Felix container.
I have done the following so far...
1) Deployed Felix in Jboss (Developed by Jboss OSGI community)
2) Then I added spring (osgi) jars as OSGI bundles.
3) I added servicemix-bean.jar, service-util.jar and servicemix-file.jar
(and their dependencies). They got installed as OSGI bundles.
4) I created a simple file poller example and dropped in jboss.
5) The jar got installed and spring osgi was able to register the servicemix
beans and file poller component in its application context.

But when I place a file in the directory(specified in the poller component),
it doesn't get picked up.
I placed the same jar in a standalone instance of Servicemix and the file
poller example worked fine.
I have not included any of the Karaf jars because I am managing the bundles
through the web console provided by Felix.

The reason I want to achieve this is to avoid maintaining a separate
container in production other than Jboss. Also I want to leverage
clustering, JASS login modules from Jboss.

Can someone give me some pointers to help me move forward?

Regards,

Yasser

Re: Servicemix 4.2 in JBoss 5.1 Felix conatiner

Posted by rsmaoui <s-...@hotmail.com>.
Hi

is it the only solution to run servicemix 4.2 under jboss 5?

Re: Servicemix 4.2 in JBoss 5.1 Felix conatiner

Posted by yasser arafat <ya...@gmail.com>.
That makes sense. I should have had those in the first place. Anyways, I
took all the required jars and installed them. I still don't see the
features working. The status of all the bundles is active.
Also, I didn't add the servicemix-jbi-command.jar since it will be used only
in the shell console in a standalone version.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Yasser

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.