Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Kapasi, Mehjabin" <mk...@rational.com> on 2002/02/19 23:00:03 UTC

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when linking

Hi,

I am using Tomcat 4.0.1. I am currently using parser.jar for the XML
parsing. When I place the parser.jar in the WEB-INF/lib directory for this
webapp I get the error, however, if I move parser.jar to %CATALINA_HOME%/lib
the problem does not occur.  I can't
figure out why this is happening.

Any ideas.
-Mehjabin

root cause

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when linking
org/xml/sax/Parser class.....

RE: error-page tag in web.xml

Posted by Ricky Leung <ri...@booksense.com>.
Yes, with the exception-type, if I give a fully qualified class name, it
works.  Great!  Thanks.

However, the 500 error-code is still not working while 404 works, I searched
everywhere and there doesn't seem to be any answer to that question.

%CATALINA_HOME%/logs/<severname>_log<date>.txt gives me the exceptions which
is great for debugging, but I was thinking it would be better to be able to
capture the 500 error and present a better page for the customers however.

In any case, thanks for the info, at least I am steps closer to what I want,
at the least, I could just define most of the exception-types that we get
here, but if 500 works it would really simplify things a lot.

Ricky

error-page tag in web.xml