Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2020/05/01 07:36:52 UTC

Re: encrypted columns

Le 30/04/2020 à 14:08, Werner Brasch a écrit :
> Hallo
> I have set the column jdbcPassword In the entity TenantDataSource to encrypt="true" and it seems to work. It is possible to work on the new tenant.
> But I don't know how the Security works, is the jdbcPassword now save, how does it works?
>
> Best regards
>
> Viele Grüße aus Bremen
>
> Werner Brasch

Hi Werner,

Yes the jdbcPassword value is then encrypted in the DB

If you want to know more look start looking at (just an example)
https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/blob/trunk/framework/entity/src/main/java/org/apache/ofbiz/entity/GenericDelegator.java line 204

As said Ankush better ask this type of questions in the User ML, you will get faster and possibly more complete answer

Thanks

Jacques