Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by "Wright, Peter" <Pe...@six-group.com> on 2012/08/08 15:08:48 UTC

Synapse: JMSListener broken connection: register Exception Listener?

Hi,

I have a JMSListener configured in Synapse to connect to an IBM Websphere MQ server.
When the MQ connection breaks, some messages about "JMS Connection failure"
and "Reconnection attempt" are written to the synapse.log file. That is OK.

However, another log file "mqjms.log" is also being written to, with lots of
information about the exceptions (see further below).

Question: is it possible to register an exception listener in Synapse
to catch these exceptions and stop this log file being written?

I'm running synapse 2.1 on solaris 10.

Thanks for any help,
Peter

=====================

Exception ignored as no exception listener is registered: '
                       Message : com.ibm.msg.client.jms.DetailedIllegalStateException: JMSWMQ1107: A problem with this connection has occurred. An error has occurred with the WebSphere MQ JMS connection. Use the linked exception to determine the cause of this error.
                         Class : class com.ibm.msg.client.jms.DetailedIllegalStateException
                         Stack : com.ibm.msg.client.wmq.common.internal.Reason.reasonToException(Reason.java:496)
                               : com.ibm.msg.client.wmq.common.internal.Reason.createException(Reason.java:236)
                               : com.ibm.msg.client.wmq.internal.WMQMessageConsumer.checkJmqiCallSuccess(WMQMessageConsumer.java:122)
                               : com.ibm.msg.client.wmq.internal.WMQConsumerShadow.getMsg(WMQConsumerShadow.java:1314)
                               : com.ibm.msg.client.wmq.internal.WMQSyncConsumerShadow.receiveInternal(WMQSyncConsumerShadow.java:233)
                               : com.ibm.msg.client.wmq.internal.WMQConsumerShadow.receive(WMQConsumerShadow.java:1038)
                               : com.ibm.msg.client.wmq.internal.WMQMessageConsumer.receive(WMQMessageConsumer.java:459)
                               : com.ibm.msg.client.jms.internal.JmsMessageConsumerImpl.receiveInboundMessage(JmsMessageConsumerImpl.java:780)
                               : com.ibm.msg.client.jms.internal.JmsMessageConsumerImpl.receive(JmsMessageConsumerImpl.java:461)
                               : com.ibm.mq.jms.MQMessageConsumer.receive(MQMessageConsumer.java:258)
                               : com.telekurs.jmsMap2TextMsg.jmsMap2TextMsg.main(jmsMap2TextMsg.java:120)
     Caused by [1] --> Message : com.ibm.mq.MQException: JMSCMQ0001: WebSphere MQ call failed with compcode '2' ('MQCC_FAILED') reason '2161' ('MQRC_Q_MGR_QUIESCING').
                         Class : class com.ibm.mq.MQException
                         Stack : com.ibm.msg.client.wmq.common.internal.Reason.createException(Reason.java:223)
                               : com.ibm.msg.client.wmq.internal.WMQMessageConsumer.checkJmqiCallSuccess(WMQMessageConsumer.java:122)
                               : com.ibm.msg.client.wmq.internal.WMQConsumerShadow.getMsg(WMQConsumerShadow.java:1314)
                               : com.ibm.msg.client.wmq.internal.WMQSyncConsumerShadow.receiveInternal(WMQSyncConsumerShadow.java:233)
                               : com.ibm.msg.client.wmq.internal.WMQConsumerShadow.receive(WMQConsumerShadow.java:1038)
                               : com.ibm.msg.client.wmq.internal.WMQMessageConsumer.receive(WMQMessageConsumer.java:459)
                               : com.ibm.msg.client.jms.internal.JmsMessageConsumerImpl.receiveInboundMessage(JmsMessageConsumerImpl.java:780)
                               : com.ibm.msg.client.jms.internal.JmsMessageConsumerImpl.receive(JmsMessageConsumerImpl.java:461)
                               : com.ibm.mq.jms.MQMessageConsumer.receive(MQMessageConsumer.java:258)
                               : com.telekurs.jmsMap2TextMsg.jmsMap2TextMsg.main(jmsMap2TextMsg.java:120)
'

EXPLANATION:
An attempt was made to deliver an exception to the connections exception listener but a listener has not been registered

ACTION:
An exception listener must be registered with the connection to receive its exceptions

The content of this e-mail is intended only for the confidential use of the person addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this email immediately.
Thank you.

Re: Synapse: JMSListener broken connection: register Exception Listener?

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Peter,

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 6:38 PM, Wright, Peter <Pe...@six-group.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a JMSListener configured in Synapse to connect to an IBM Websphere
> MQ server.
> When the MQ connection breaks, some messages about "JMS Connection failure"
> and "Reconnection attempt" are written to the synapse.log file. That is OK.
>
> However, another log file "mqjms.log" is also being written to, with lots
> of
> information about the exceptions (see further below).

Synapse or the Axis2 JMS transport does not maintain such a log. This is
clearly something written by the WMQ JMS client library. You should refer
WMQ documentation to see if this log file can be prevented.

Thanks,
Hiranya

--
Hiranya Jayathilaka
Associate Technical Lead;

RE: Synapse: JMSListener broken connection: register Exception Listener?

Posted by "Wright, Peter" <Pe...@six-group.com>.
Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the tip. I now use a modified jms.config file as described here:
This stops the mqjms.log file being written.

Best regards,
Peter

> Question: is it possible to register an exception listener in Synapse
> to catch these exceptions and stop this log file being written?
>
> Maybe [1] helps to stop MQ to produce the log file.

Cheers,

Tobias

[1] http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21367059

Posted by Tobias Unger <to...@gridsolut.de>.