Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/27 14:34:09 UTC

Re: Some problem with execution ignite.bat in master

Hello!

I have debugged this issue. It seems to be a JVM bug on Windows, where JVM
will silently fail to run program's main class:

java HelloWorld -v -J1 -J2 - works
java HelloWorld -v -J1 -J2 -J3 - fails
java -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 HelloWorld -v -J1 -J2 -J3 - works
java -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 HelloWorld -v -J1 -J2 -J3 -J4 - fails

It seems to be fixed on Java 11.

I don't think we should fix it (and can close the issue), but if we really
wanted we could replace -J with, let's say, -W
java HelloWorld -v -W1 -W2 -W3 -W4 works.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I have resolved the ticket, linked JDK bug. Please update docs.

I have created a Docs issue

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Ivan, thanks!

Posted by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com>.
Denis, Ilya,

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Posted by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com>.
Ilya,

--
Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Re: Some problem with execution ignite.bat in master

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Ilya,

Posted by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Re: Some problem with execution ignite.bat in master

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@apache.org>.
Denis,

--
Alexey Kuznetsov

Re: Some problem with execution ignite.bat in master

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Ilya,