Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2007/02/15 05:05:16 UTC

Maven banner?

What happened to the banner when executing Maven?  I'm glad its not
there by default, but I'd like to turn it on for remote builds so
that my logs capture what version of Maven was used.

Maybe a '--banner' flag or something?  Or maybe a new goal on the
help plugin, to show maven version, and some settings like os and
java version fluff?

--jason

Re: Maven banner?

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.
The banner is useful in debugging.
Especially the versions of non-project dependencies ( maven / wagon /
plugins )

Having a banner would address some of that.

Having an 'opt-out' of the banner would also be useful (ala the
<interactiveMode> <offline> and <usePluginRegistry> type settings in the
$HOME/.m2/settings.xml)

I agree with Jason about the level of noise.  The logging has to be
addressed first.

- Joakim

RE: Maven banner?

Re: Maven banner?