Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Andreas Holubek <an...@arlanis.com> on 2006/11/23 15:41:49 UTC

Problem with fault handler

Hi,

Maybe this is a simple question, but this time I see no solution... I have a
process which tries to invoke a simple web service. At execution time of the
process the web service is down.

Normally I expect to catch the exception with some sort of fault handler:

<scope name="__invoke_scope">
  <faultHandlers>
    <catchAll>
      <empty name="_Connection_refused_"/>
    </catchAll>
  </faultHandlers>

  <invoke name="__invoke"
    inputVariable="addVar"
    operation="addNumbers"
    outputVariable="addVarResponse"
    partnerLink="addNumbersPartnerLink"
    portType="test:AddNumbersPartnerLinkType"/>
</scope>

I use pxe-standalone-distro-1.0.164 and have full logging enabled. I see the
connection refused exception within the log. But it seems that the empty
activity is not executed. The pxe hangs and after a while I get the soap
message: "Timeout waiting for response; operation may complete in the
future." Maybe something is wrong in the bpel code?

Thanks for your help,
Andreas

Re: Problem with fault handler

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
Did you read our documentation about Activity Failure and
Recovery<http://ode.apache.org/bpel-extensions.html#BPELExtensions-ActivityFailureandRecovery>?

Posted by Jens Goldhammer <Go...@gmx.net>.