Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by cmueller <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/22 13:44:53 UTC

restrict connections to the KARAF console

Hello user,

is there an option to restrict connections to the KARAF console?
Specifically only allow connections coming from localhost or
dedicated/configured IP addresses?

Thanks in advance,
Christian

Re: restrict connections to the KARAF console

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the quick response Guillaume. I will talk with our operations
people about this. But I think 'localhost' is sufficient...

Cheers,

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
If you set sshServer=localhost instead of sshServer=0.0.0.0, only local
connections will be accepted, so you can bind it to the localhost or any ip
address, but there's no way to restrict remote ip address.
If you really need that, I suggest you raise a JIRA, as I'm quite sure SSHD
could be enhanced to support that.

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 13:44, cmueller <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello user,
>
> is there an option to restrict connections to the KARAF console?
> Specifically only allow connections coming from localhost or
> dedicated/configured IP addresses?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Christian

Cheers,