Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Gregor Dschung <sa...@dschung.de> on 2007/06/18 11:25:36 UTC

Environment variables in local.cf, individual bayes_path

Hello,

I have to use individual bayes-dbs for virtual users and domains
(everything is stored in a mysql-db). The user_prefs are stored in the
mysql-db, too.

Because there are no local users, I can't use ~/.spamassassin/bayes

For example, if I use the domain "dschung.de" or "dschung.com", I would
like to set bayes_path to /var/syscpvmail/.spamassassin/dschung.de or
.com/bayes.
For security reasons, it isn't allowed to set bayes_path through the
user_prefs. I have to use spamc - spamd, so I can't call spamassassin
directly.

So I thought, I could use environment variables in the bayes_path option
in the local.cf. I've tried
bayes_path /var/syscpvmail/.spamassassin/_DOMAIN_/bayes
but _DOMAIN_ won't be substituted.

I also tried to set a enviroment variables with maildrop just befor
spamc is called, (`DOMAIN=$(echo $LOGNAME | cut -s -d@ -f2)`), and I set
bayes_path in local.cf to /var/syscpvmail/.spamassassin/$DOMAIN/bayes,
but this won't be substituted at all.

I've searched already the web, but can't find any solution for my problem.

I'm using spamassassin 3.1.8 and maildrop 2.0.2.

Hope, someone can help me :)

Regards,
Gregor Dschung

Re: Environment variables in local.cf, individual bayes_path

Posted by Gregor Dschung <sa...@dschung.de>.
Hi,

I've overlooked the spamd-option "--virtual-conf-dir". But unfortunatly, I can't use this option with sql-support for the user_prefs (-q). Does someone have an idea?

Perhaps, the only solution is to write a script, which extracts the user_prefs from the sql-db and write them to the user_prefs-file located in the virtual-conf-dir-folder...

Regards,
Gregor Dschung