Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2009/12/13 15:21:35 UTC

PHP installation on Apache

I've been asked to help make the PHP/Apache documentation better. Most
of us have complained about it at some point, and the time has come to
put put our time into fixing it. I'm content to do this myself, but
would welcome any assistance that you fine people can offer.

The relevant links are:

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=43087 - The bug, which is assigned to me.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.apache2.php - php
installation for Apache/Windows
http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.apache1.php - php
installation for Apache 1.3/Windows

http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.unix.apache.php - php
installation for Apache 1.3/Unix
http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.unix.apache2.php - php
installation for Apache 2.x/Unix

I've temporarily grabbed part of the httpd wiki as a scratch pad for
this, and would welcome any edit. Note that the result needs to be
literate prose, not merely recipes with a few notes, but mostly what I
need help with is the CGI and FastCGI instructions for PHP, since I've
never done it either of those ways, and understand that the current
docs are Just Plain Wrong.

Thanks.

--
Rich Bowen