Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org> on 2003/08/15 09:27:24 UTC

[ANN] The Apache Newsletter Issue #1 Released

The Apache Newsletter Issue #1 Released

Thanks to all the contributors/editors of the newsletter,
the first "The Apache Newsletter" (Issue #1) has arrived
at last.
http://www.apache.org/newsletter/200307.html
"The Apache Newsletter" could be published as a result of the
outgrowth of "Jakarta Newsletter" and the newsletter can cover
all the projects including infrastructure, incubator et cetera.

You can read it through
http://www.apache.org/newsletter/200307.html
http://www.apache.org/newsletter/index.html

and if you are the subscriber of the "Apache Announcement List"
(http://www.apache.org/foundation/mailinglists.html#foundation-announce),
the e-mail version will be arrived at this mailing list in
several hours.

Today, 15th August 2003, is the 58th anniversary of the end of the
Pacific War (and World War II) and I am very glad to publish this
newsletter in this moment. The internet and the wave of
internationalization gradually reduced the boundaries of each countries,
as well, this newsletter will be one of the *glue* of the communities in
the ASF umbrella, beyond the artificial boundaries of technical
languages etc. Hope this can gradually lead the good course of the ASF,
avoiding the balkanization of each projects and keep the hand tightly
with various projects.

I want to thank to those who contributed and hope that you enjoy the
read. If you would like to comment further on any of the highlighted
discussions then please do so on the appropriate mailing lists [1].
if you want to comment on the newsletter itself then please point your
comments to ApacheWiki [2] or mail to tetsuya@apache.org

[2] - http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheNewsletterDrafts/Issue2

"The Apache Newsletter" Issue #1

Issuer: The Apache Software Foundation -- 15th August, 2003

Editor: Tetsuya Kitahata (tetsuya@apache.org)

Please enjoy!!

Best Regards,

-- Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>

E-mail: tetsuya@apache.org
http://www.terra-intl.com/
(Apache Jakarta Translation, Japanese)
http://jakarta.terra-intl.com/

Re: [ANN] The Apache Newsletter Issue #1 Released

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Forgot to mention:

We have decided to publish "The Apache Newsletter" not monthly
but bi-monthly,

"The Apache Newsletter Issue #2" will be published around 15th October
or thereabouts.

To receive the newsletter in e-mail forms, please see
http://www.apache.org/foundation/mailinglists.html#foundation-announce
and follow the subscripition guideline.

I'll solicit you for the articles/contributions of various projects
in the ASF (apache.org) at the beginning of next month.

Have a nice day

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:27:24 +0900
(Subject: [ANN] The Apache Newsletter Issue #1 Released)
Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org> wrote:

> The Apache Newsletter Issue #1 Released

<snip/>

E-mail: tetsuya@apache.org  http://www.terra-intl.com/
(Accredited Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument Facilitator)
http://www.hbdi.com/

Re: [ANN] The Apache Newsletter Issue #1 Released

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Forgot to mention:

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Forgot to mention: