Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by dean gaudet <de...@arctic.org> on 2001/07/07 19:26:57 UTC

apr_is_option_set / apr_set_option / netmask

hi!

why aren't basic bit manipulations being done directly?  the function call
overhead is enormous compared to the operations being performed.

also... when i saw the field named netmask i kind of assumed it was a
network address mask, which is usually what "netmask" refers to.  why does
it appear to be a bunch of flag bits instead?

-dean

Re: apr_is_option_set / apr_set_option / netmask

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
> why aren't basic bit manipulations being done directly?  the function call
> overhead is enormous compared to the operations being performed.

I am about to commit a patch that turns those functions into macros that
do the same thing.

> also... when i saw the field named netmask i kind of assumed it was a
> network address mask, which is usually what "netmask" refers to.  why does
> it appear to be a bunch of flag bits instead?

I am leaving the netmask alone, because I haven't looked at it before.
Feel free to make the names better though.  :-)

Ryan