Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com> on 2013/01/29 21:18:19 UTC

All platforms: config.xml documentation

Reference issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-1365

More and more work is going into support for various features of
config.xml. It is becoming _the_ spot to configure your application.

Sadly, we have no documentation. It's not mentioned in the Getting Started
guides, either.

Proposal:

- the current "project settings" guide to be expanded to describe all of
the platform-agnostic elements in config.xml that help configure your app
- the current contents of "project settings" becomes a sub-section that is
platform-specific, as it only describes (currently) one of the elements of
config.xml
- explicitly mention + link to config.xml guide from the getting started
guides

Re: All platforms: config.xml documentation

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.
Hey everyone,

I've added the top-level project settings guide covering platform-agnostic
config.xml support [1].

I've also added a bunch of sub-tasks to get the contents for the
platform-specific config.xml details into the docs repo. Please check out
the following task for its subtasks which are related to specific
platforms:

I've assigned them for 2.4. If they can't be done, no biggie, move them
over for 2.5.

Thanks everyone!

[1]
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-docs.git;a=commit;h=0a0b6