Posted to dev@corinthia.apache.org by jan i <ja...@apache.org> on 2014/12/31 16:04:38 UTC

time for our first "board" report.

Hi all.

The procedure for podling reports is pretty simple.

- For the first 3 month we have to submit a report every month, then every
3 month.
- Reports are done in the wiki http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2015
- It is the PPMC responsibility to fill out the reports.
- The mentors must sign off the report, for it to be accepted.

The report follow a template, I have copied it below, look for
"TO_BE_AGREED_ON", that is our text. I have made a proposal but hope to get
many comments:

--------------------CorinthiaCorinthia is a toolkit/application for
converting between and editing commonoffice file formats, with an
initial focus on word processing. It is designedto cater for multiple
classes of platforms - desktop, web, and mobile - andrelies heavily on
web technologies such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript forrepresenting and
manipulating documents. The toolkit is small, portable, andflexible,
with minimal dependencies. The target audience is developers wishingto
include office viewing, conversion, and editing functionality into
theirapplications.Corinthia has been incubating since 2014-12-08.Three
most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:  1.
TO_BE_AGREED_ON, complete the move to ASF infrastructure  2.
TO_BE_AGREED_ON, Discuss and decide on a medium term roadplan  3.
TO_BE_AGREED_ON, Grow the communityAny issues that the Incubator PMC
(IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to beaware of?TO_BE_AGREED_ON none.How
has the community developed since the last report?TO_BE_AGREED_ON We
have spend a lot of mail on getting acquainted and finding the
strength of each other.

Now discussion are flowing freely. We have consensus on PPMC ==
Committer as long as we are in incubator.How has the project developed
since the last report?
TO_BE_AGREED_ON, We are working hard on making a stable kernel, so we
can more easily add more developers.
 Date of last release: TO_BE_AGREED_ON  noneWhen were the last
committers or PMC members elected?TO_BE_AGREED_ON 31-12-2014 added 1
committer/PPMCSigned-off-by:   [ ](corinthia) Daniel Gruno  [
](corinthia) Jan IversenShepherd/Mentor notes:--------------------

I will update the wiki once we have agreed to the text, and ask daniel
to sign together with me.

Looking forward to hear your comments.
rgds
jan I.

Re: time for our first "board" report.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On 1 January 2015 at 20:31, Dennis E. Hamilton <de...@acm.org>
wrote:

> Nicely done.
>
>  -- replying below to --

I agree with your changes, and I did see your other email which I will
respond to.

Thanks for taking care of especially the language. Regarding formatting, be
aware that the template of the report is generated automatically, and we
only respond to the questions.

rgds
jan i.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.