Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Charles Monteiro <ch...@nycsmalltalk.org> on 2012/08/21 21:08:46 UTC

can't download 4.8

Hi, wanted to test my 4.6 project with the new Apache 4.8 sdk, but every
attempt to download it I get these multi - part archive  dialog.

Is there a clean one shot url I can use to download this ?

thanks

--
Charles

RE: can't download 4.8

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.
>Is it as simple as that ? i.e. just telling FB and IDEA in the "regular"
>way to use the specified sdk or is there anything that I need to be aware of ?

That should be it, and no worries on the questions,
Mike

Re: can't download 4.8

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
That should be all you need.  Keep in mind that some features of Flash
Builder are built around specific SDK versions.  For example, design view,
will not work right with the new version.

I personally am using that method for compiling projects within IntelliJ
with no issues.

-Nick

Re: can't download 4.8

Posted by Charles Monteiro <ch...@monteirosfusion.com>.
brilliant deduction :)

--
Charles A. Monteiro
www.monteirosfusion.com

RE: can't download 4.8

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.

Re: can't download 4.8

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
Can you try it on firefox and/or IE to see if the same problem exists?
I am behind a proxy and for the life of me, I am not able to figure out how
to install Chrome on my machine..  Sorry.

Thanks,
Om

Re: can't download 4.8

Posted by Charles Monteiro <ch...@nycsmalltalk.org>.

Re: can't download 4.8

Posted by Charles Monteiro <ch...@monteirosfusion.com>.
yes I do

--
Charles A. Monteiro
www.monteirosfusion.com

Re: can't download 4.8

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: can't download 4.8

Posted by Charles Monteiro <ch...@nycsmalltalk.org>.
the binaries, also strangely I just found reference to what seems to be
"your" installer ? and running that gives me the same issue?

see quick vid:

http://screencast.com/t/1EULcGiv2Hca

mind you I download stuff all the time i.e. and have downloaded the Adobe
4.6 sdk to this very same machine as well as my Mac without issue.

Is this a multi part zip archive ?

If i recall I would need RAR for that , don't have it on this machine. Nor
for that matter do I know what to use in that case on my Mac mini.

Also, it seems that the installer will modify enviromental vars on the
machine. How isolated is this all ? i.e. will it mess with my current FB or
IDEA Air project setup ?

Re: can't download 4.8

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
Charles,