Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Thomas Poisson <tf...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/21 00:05:35 UTC

Let's use Flex and AIR 3.X under linux

Hi there,

I don't know if i can post it here, but i am currently using Flex 4.10 and
AIR 3.8 under Linux (with emulator and debugger !) and I just want to share
the way to do it with you. :)

The fact of being blocked with official AIR 2.6 Linux version is quite
frustrating and i tried to find a way of using Windows emulator with wine
and plug it to eclipse.

I use :
- Eclipse 3.8 for Linux - 64bits (32bits is fine too)
- fb4linux https://code.google.com/p <https://code.google.com/p/fb4linux/>
/fb4linux/ <https://code.google.com/p/fb4linux/> (seems legal)
- Flex SDK 4.X merged with Windows AIR SDK 3.X
- wine 1.6 (tested with wine 1.5 too)
- the script i made, enclosed (place it in the /bin framework folder and
chmod+x it !)

Make sure the absolute path to the project in your workspace does not
contain any special character like spaces.

You will also have to copy a folder "win" to "linux", eclipse will prompt
for it and then give you the exact path folder.

I may have forgotten extra instructions, feel free to ask if you are stuck
somewhere.

Enjoy ! :)

Thomas Pois
son

Re: Let's use Flex and AIR 3.X under linux

Posted by Thomas Poisson <tf...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas,

I haven't tried it at all, I dont know if WINE can access to physical
devices.
It might be possible to tweak ADB (not ADL) the same way via its command
line wrapped with WINE.

Thomas Poisson
+33 (0)6 85 72 69 50

Posted by Thomas Wright <tw...@yesco.com>.

--
*Thomas Wright*
Software Engineer

Corporate Division
twright@yesco.com

Re: Let's use Flex and AIR 3.X under linux

Posted by Thomas Poisson <tf...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
Ahh, I see.

Posted by Thomas Poisson <tf...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

RE: Buidling our application in Flex 4.10 written in Flex 4.6

Posted by Sasi Kumar K <Sa...@ramco.com>.
Hi,

Following is the error trace which is raised when a Flex chart component instance is created.
Do we need to include additionally any lib.

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
        at mx.charts.chartClasses::ChartBase/initStyles()
        at mx.charts.chartClasses::ChartBase/set moduleFactory()
        at mx.charts.chartClasses::PolarChart/set moduleFactory()
        at mx.charts::PieChart/set moduleFactory()
        at mx.core::UIComponent/set moduleFactory()
        at spark.components::Group/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::elementAdded()
        at spark.components::Group/addElementAt()
        at spark.components::Group/addElement()
        at VWPortalFlexChart/createCharts()
        at VWPortalFlexChart/getChartData()
        at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
        at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher2()
        at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher()

Regs,
Sasi Kumar K

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by Sasi Kumar K <Sa...@ramco.com>.
Hi,

We have not patched SDKs or used framework RSLs.

However we are facing some issues:

Posted by Thiago Maia <a0...@a00s.com>.
Its very quickly to download and try, if things doent work you can just
select an older flex version -)

Posted by Sasi Kumar K <Sa...@ramco.com>.
Hi,

We have a large enterprise application running on Flex.
It was initially written in Flex 3.3 and we migrated to Flex 4.6.

Now as Flex 4.10 is available we wanted to build our application in Flex 4.10 hoping migrating from Flex 4.6 to Flex 4.10 will not lead to any unexpected issues.

Wanted to know if there are any expected migration issues.
We have few components still with a mix of mx and spark controls/containers.

Regs,
Sasi Kumar K