Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by allan <la...@inet.uni2.dk> on 2002/06/05 09:51:37 UTC

[html] - one page preview

hello all

i have been trying to get around a few problems in certain browsers

some of the problems have been:

1) getting the "1px space-gif"-trick to work everywhere [ie5.5, ns6.2]
2) getting forms rendered at all (!) [ns 4.03]
3) getting forms rendered properly [ns408, konqueror]
4) getting a scrollbar when needed [mac ie5.0]
5) fixing alignment of widgets [mac ie4.5 ie5.0]
6) getting the logo and title-top rendered at all [win ie 4.0]
7) getting one thing to work when broken after fixing another thing :)

people who have time can you please [double] check this url.

http://www.bullitt.suite.dk/mod_perl_site/display/3333-i-8.html

./allan

mac os9.2
---------
netscape 4.03      +1
netscape 4.75      +1
netscape 6.2       +2
netscape 7.0 beta  +2

IE 4.5             +2
IE 5.0             +2

opera 5.0          +2

iCab               -0 [useable but not pretty due to handling of
positioning divs]

windows NT/95/98/2000/XP [in some combination i forget with these browsers]
------------------------
netscape 4.04      +1
netscape 4.70      +1
netscape 6         +2

IE 4.0             +2
IE 5.0             +2
IE 5.5             +2

opera 6.0          +2

Re: [html] - one page preview

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
allan wrote:
> hello all
>
> i have been trying to get around a few problems in certain browsers
>
> some of the problems have been:
>
> 1) getting the "1px space-gif"-trick to work everywhere [ie5.5, ns6.2]
> 2) getting forms rendered at all (!) [ns 4.03]
> 3) getting forms rendered properly [ns408, konqueror]
> 4) getting a scrollbar when needed [mac ie5.0]
> 5) fixing alignment of widgets [mac ie4.5 ie5.0]
> 6) getting the logo and title-top rendered at all [win ie 4.0]
> 7) getting one thing to work when broken after fixing another thing :)
>

> people who have time can you please [double] check this url.
>
> http://www.bullitt.suite.dk/mod_perl_site/display/3333-i-8.html

Great work, Allan! Seems that we are getting closer and closer :)

linux:

mozilla-1.0rc1 +1
NS4.79         +1 (see below)
konqueror      +0.9 (see below)
opera 6.0      +0.9

please don't overshrink the tail's width, 80% should be fine, please see
what you get in NS4 where fonts are a bit bigger: see snapshot1

in konqueror the vertical spacing is bad. look above [top] widget. see
snapshot2

in opera menus look extremely ugly, because the spacing is bad (and
fonts are bad, but I guess this can be fixed on the user side). see
snapshot3

Re: [html] - one page preview

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.
Great work, allan!

At 09:51 05.06.2002, allan wrote:
>mac os9.2
>---------
>netscape 4.03      +1
>netscape 4.75      +1
>netscape 6.2       +2
>netscape 7.0 beta  +2
>
>IE 4.5             +2
>IE 5.0             +2
>
>opera 5.0          +2
>
>iCab               -0 [useable but not pretty due to handling of
>positioning divs]
>

>windows NT/95/98/2000/XP [in some combination i forget with these browsers]
>------------------------
>netscape 4.04      +1
>netscape 4.70      +1
>netscape 6         +2