Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it> on 2014/05/20 09:16:49 UTC

Region servers crashing during mapreduce

Hi to all,

I'm using Cloudera CDH4 (4.5.0) with default parameters and HBase 0.94.6.
I'm experiencing a bad behaviour of my mapreduce jobs, where region servers
keep crashing. I checked the logs and the region servers seems to die
without logging anything..this seems to happen at the 2nd or 3rd times I
submit a job..can someone help me in figuring out what's happening?

Thanks in advance,
Flavio

Re: Region servers crashing during mapreduce

Posted by Marcos Ortiz <ml...@uci.cu>.
If you are using just two nodes, you should aware about the resources that you
allocate for every process (JT, TT, MS, RS, etc) particularly the memory that you are
using for region hosting, Java ops processes, sorting, map/reduces tasks, etc
--
Marcos Ortiz[1] (@marcosluis2186[2])
http://about.me/marcosortiz[3]

VII Escuela Internacional de Verano en la UCI del 30 de junio al 11 de julio de 2014. Ver www.uci.cu

Re: Region servers crashing during mapreduce

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.

Posted by Marcos Ortiz <ml...@uci.cu>.

--------
[1] http://www.linkedin.com/in/mlortiz
[2] http://twitter.com/marcosluis2186
[3] http://about.me/marcosortiz

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.

Posted by Geovanie Marquez <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcos Ortiz <ml...@uci.cu>.
On 20/05/14 03:16, Flavio Pompermaier wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I'm using Cloudera CDH4 (4.5.0) with default parameters and HBase 0.94.6.
> I'm experiencing a bad behaviour of my mapreduce jobs, where region servers
> keep crashing. I checked the logs and the region servers seems to die
> without logging anything..this seems to happen at the 2nd or 3rd times I
> submit a job..can someone help me in figuring out what's happening?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Flavio

Could you share your conf. files to see them?

VII Escuela Internacional de Verano en la UCI del 30 de junio al 11 de julio de 2014. Ver www.uci.cu