Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Luigi Selmi <lu...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/19 10:45:43 UTC

chains/enhancers configuration

Hello,

it seems that all enhancements are stored in a single triple collection
org.apache.contenthub.enhancements. It will be useful to add a property to
chains/enhancers to be set at run time from the felix Console to address
different triple collections. Does it make sense ?

Best

Luigi

Re: chains/enhancers configuration

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Suat

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Suat Gonul <su...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rupert,
>
> LDPath filters are not considered in the Contenthub for the time being.
> As far as I understand, when you have a set of entities, and execute the
> LDPath with filters on them, you would get only the entities satisfying
> the condition given with the filter, wouldn't you? If so, I didn't get
> how we would use filters to partition enhancements into different
> graphs.

You are right. I forgot that the configured LDPath program is executed
several times on different Contexts within the indexed ContentItem. My
comment was in the assumption that the URI of the ContentItem is used
to apply the Filter - to decide if a ContentItem should be considered
for a semantic index or not.

> I think we still need a target graph URI. What comes to my mind
> for the trunk version is basically to pass a graph URI together with a
> chain name while sending a ContentItem to Contenthub.

+1

> For the branch version since users do not directly send the ContentItems
> to the indexes directly, we can pack the graph uri regarding to a
> ContentItem in a separate content part  and process the graph URI within
> the Clerezza based semantic indexes accordingly so that we can partition
> the enhancements into different graphs.

Assuming that the Contenthub only supports a single Store I would
suggest that the Contenthub just adds an additional triple to the
metadata of the ContentItem

   {content-item-uri} contenthub:collection {collection-uri}

and to allow using this information to filter content items during
semantic indexing. An own ContentPart seams to be an overkill.

In the long term I would like the Contenthub to support multiple
Stores and SemanticIndexes to support multiple Stores as Indexing
Sources. When adapting the Store/SemanticIndex architecture for the
Entityhub I will definitely need this. So when adding this for the
Entityhub we can than also use it for the Contenthub.

best
Rupert

Posted by Suat Gonul <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rupert,

LDPath filters are not considered in the Contenthub for the time being.
As far as I understand, when you have a set of entities, and execute the
LDPath with filters on them, you would get only the entities satisfying
the condition given with the filter, wouldn't you? If so, I didn't get
how we would use filters to partition enhancements into different
graphs. I think we still need a target graph URI. What comes to my mind
for the trunk version is basically to pass a graph URI together with a
chain name while sending a ContentItem to Contenthub.

For the branch version since users do not directly send the ContentItems
to the indexes directly, we can pack the graph uri regarding to a
ContentItem in a separate content part  and process the graph URI within
the Clerezza based semantic indexes accordingly so that we can partition
the enhancements into different graphs.

WDYT?
Best,
Suat