Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com> on 2015/03/11 16:07:24 UTC

UIMA Java SDK version vs UIMA AS

Hi,

I know that UIMA AS is hard wired to a specific UIMA version. So, I do
have to wait for the next UIMA AS release if I want to use the new
features/bug fixes of the UIMA 2.7.0 release in an asyncronous setting,
right?

My actual question: Is it worth spending thoughts about using UIMA AS
with the current UIMA Java SDK release? Can someone share his/her
experiences?

Best,

Peter

Re: UIMA Java SDK version vs UIMA AS

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Great, thank you.

Peter

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

On 3/11/2015 12:33 PM, Jaroslaw Cwiklik wrote:
> Peter, although it is true that UIMA-AS (v.2.6.0) comes with a specific
> version of UIMA SDK (v.2.6.0) you can certainly override it by placing
> 2.7.0 SDK ahead in the classpath. The UIMA-AS uses the SDK to deploy AEs,
> and it also uses UIMA serializer/deserializer code. My understanding is
> that the recent changes made by Marshall should not effect UIMA-AS. I guess
> I defer this to him for confirmation. I did test UIMA-AS with SDK 2.7.0 RC7
> and did not see any problems.

Yes, I think that's correct.

The build info for uima-as does specify a specific level of uimaj-core to use,
however, and it's set to 2.6.0.

This could be relaxed, going forward, to a "range" kind of version specification.

-Marshall

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.