Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by "Ghattu, Satya " <sa...@citi.com> on 2007/05/08 03:51:36 UTC

Best practice to use a Thread from Geronimo's Default ThreadPool

Folks,

Is there a best practice around using threads from the default Thread
pool? I am trying to write a simple application that when deployed to
the server will open a socket and start listening for messages. In my
application I could start a new thread and listen for messages, but I
would like to use geronimo's default thread pool so that the container
manages the thread, not my application code.

Also, what would be the best way to deploy such kind of application?
Right now I am deploying this as a WebApp and starting to listen in the
Servlet's init() method, is writing a Gbean better?

Any suggestions?

Thank You,
Satya Ghattu

Citi Architecture & Technology Engineering (CATE) | Development
Engineering |
283 King George Road, Building D 4th Floor, Warren, New Jersey, NJ 07059