Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Robert Borkowski <rb...@ideeli.com> on 2013/02/19 15:47:53 UTC

Apollo and server redundancy

Hello,

We are currently using ActiveMQ in production, in master/slave
configuration.

Does Apollo support any form of multi-server redundancy? I can't find any
mention of it in the documentation. Any thought of going beyond what
Activemq does for redundancy?
Ideally we'd like to be able to have an offsite copy of the queues for DR
purposes, and the single master/single slave architecture prevents this.

--
Robert Borkowski

Re: Apollo and server redundancy

Posted by Juan Nin <ju...@gmail.com>.
Just read this article today, where it is described how to do it using
LevelDB:
https://github.com/fusesource/fuse-extra/tree/master/fusemq-leveldb#how-to-use-with-activemq-56

Regards

Posted by vatsal12 <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chirino,

I am going to test grdb and glusterfs with apollo.
Have you benchmarked any approach ?
Any recommendations ?

I will post results soon.

Thanks

Re: Apollo and server redundancy

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Hi Robert,

For both ActiveMQ and Apollo, you should handle HA by using a message store
that sits on top a replicated file system or database.  There's lots of
ways to do this and they vary in complexity and price.  For the cheap and
cheerful option, I'd recommend you look into drdb [1] or glusterfs [2].  Or
you can use things like an EMC Symmetrix SAN which is fast and robust but
pricey.

[1]: http://www.drbd.org/
[2]: http://www.gluster.org/

--