Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jerry Gene-Sung Chung <ge...@hotmail.com> on 2009/08/04 18:43:58 UTC

Scope of a record task name

Hi Users,

I just wondered of the scope for a record task name, so it would be great if you could share your knowledge.

I have two targets to record both activities like these:

I was assuming the record name could be managed globally, but it seems not. The record for ${parent.log} in the child target is created as a separate entry (RecorderEntry) and the log messages are written twice in the parent log file (Tested with ant 1.7.1 + revision 793792 for bug 41368)

Parent log:
     [echo] Parent target started

  child:

  child:
     [echo] Child target started
     [echo] Child target started
     [echo] Child target processing
     [echo] Child target ended
     [echo] Child target ended

I am not sure if it is working as expected or if it is a side effect of the fix for bug 41368. If it is by design, is there any other way to control a record entry created from another target?

Thanks,
Jerry.

Jerry Gene-Sung Chung
genes_chung@hotmail.com

RE: Scope of a record task name

Posted by Jerry Gene-Sung Chung <ge...@hotmail.com>.

For some reason, my ant script has been stripped off from the previous email, so I am attaching it.

I have to modify the result in the previous email as well:

     [echo] Parent target started

child:
     [echo] Child target started - child-01.log
     [echo] Child target processing - child-01.log (*1)
     [echo] Child target ended - child-01.log

child.2:
     [echo] Child target started - child-02.log
     [echo] Child target processing - child-02.log (*1)
     [echo] Child target ended - child-02.log
     [echo] Child target ended - child-02.log (*2)

(*1) I'd like to remove these from the parent log.
(*2) don't know why it is written

Thanks,
jerry
> From: genes_chung@hotmail.com
> To: user@ant.apache.org
> Subject: Scope of a record task name
> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 12:43:58 -0400
>

> Hi Users,
>
> I just wondered of the scope for a record task name, so it would be great if you could share your knowledge.
>
> I have two targets to record both activities like these:

> I was assuming the record name could be managed globally, but it seems not. The record for ${parent.log} in the child target is created as a separate entry (RecorderEntry) and the log messages are written twice in the parent log file (Tested with ant 1.7.1 + revision 793792 for bug 41368)
>
> Parent log:
> [echo] Parent target started
>
> child:
>
> child:
> [echo] Child target started
> [echo] Child target started
> [echo] Child target processing
> [echo] Child target ended
> [echo] Child target ended
>
> I am not sure if it is working as expected or if it is a side effect of the fix for bug 41368. If it is by design, is there any other way to control a record entry created from another target?
>
> Thanks,
> Jerry.
>
> Jerry Gene-Sung Chung
> genes_chung@hotmail.com

Stay in the loop and chat with friends, right from your inbox!
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9671354