Posted to users@allura.apache.org by "Fillmore, Tom" <tf...@socalbahai.org> on 2016/02/13 00:39:45 UTC

Re: Allura - Docker install fails with 'ERROR: Error: image library/allura_web not found'

    Hi -

I decided to start over by creating a new VM from scratch (Ubuntu
14.04) so as to remove any unresolved issues from the previous attempt
that might cause problems.

Here are the steps I took...

Created VM - no problems
Updated system via apt-get update - no problems

As regular user:
     Downloaded Allura source via wget - no errors
     Expanded Allura source  - no errors

As root (sudo -u root bash):
     Installed Docker - no errors on install, no errors reported
by Docker after running 'hello-world'
     Installed Compose - no errors, it verified version 1.6

Following the docker pages, I added my user to the docker group,
logged out then in, then continued as that user
     Ran 'docker compose build' - no errors
     Ran 'docker-compose run web scripts/init-docker-dev.sh' - got
the following:

    sysadmin@allura:~/src/allura-1.3.2$ docker-compose run web
scripts/init-docker-dev.sh
    Pulling mongo (mongo:2.6)...
    2.6: Pulling from library/mongo
    518dc1482465: Pull complete
    a3ed95caeb02: Pull complete
    2238b686f8a5: Pull complete
    a40b5452f5be: Pull complete
    e57c68263884: Pull complete
    e386f35ebcc7: Pull complete
    e7b7c19803e2: Pull complete
    93624850d4f1: Pull complete
    5b34a5344c6f: Pull complete
    03913f2c5b05: Pull complete
    Digest:
sha256:824e011edc0a339e99c86c694e645df17e167672cdec1b6e2eee172d3da18b7e
    Creating allura132_mongo_1
    Pulling outmail (allura_web:latest)...
    Pulling repository docker.io/library/allura_web
    ERROR: Error: image library/allura_web not found
    sysadmin@allura:~/src/allura-1.3.2$

Not sure what is going on, here, this is the same error as before.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Tom Fillmore

At Thursday, 02/11/2016 on 06:48 pm Dave Brondsema wrote:

    Hi Tom,

    Did the `docker-compose build` command run successfully before
it?  That
    should build the necessary images locally so that it doesn't
try to pull
    them from docker.io.

    If you don't mind, can you add users@allura.apache.org in your
reply, so
    that others can learn and help as well.  (Send a separate
email to
    users-subscribe@allura.apache.org if you want to join the list
too)

    Thanks,
    Dave

    On 02/11/2016 05:44 PM, Fillmore, Tom wrote:
    > Hi, Dave -
    >
    > Was following the instructions for Allura installation using
Docker,

    --
    Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
    http://www.brondsema.net : personal

Re: Allura - Docker install fails with 'ERROR: Error: image library/allura_web not found'

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
It looks like we have a circular reference in docker-compose.yml that is causing
this problem.  Fortunately it's an unnecessary reference.  In the "web" section
at the top there is a link for "outmail" which you can delete - it should be
line 31.  If you delete that one line, I think the 'docker-compose run web
scripts/init-docker-dev.sh' command will then work.

We will want to make a new release soon to get this fix (and others) released.

-Dave