Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Daniel Smith <we...@hotmail.com> on 2004/02/03 14:29:28 UTC

Re: newbie has problems installing cocoon

>Guy Worthington wrote:

>And was hoping that such a beginner's resource existed either in the
>documentation or in the Wiki.

Hi Guy.

I don't know if you are aware of it, but there has also just recently been
what seems to me (ie--a beginner) a very good book come out from Wrox on
developing with Cocoon, Xalan, Xerces, Xindice, Batik, et al. I have long
lurked this list and have read of persons making portals with all these, but
never could quite tell how it all fit together. This book seems very good to
give an overview of how it all works, and it is from the post-2.1 version
perspective:

http://wrox.com/books/0764543555.shtml

Good luck. I need it too. :)

Daniel