Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Michael Cugini <mi...@escapemg.com> on 2008/04/04 02:35:08 UTC

Problem initializing XMLPropertyListConfiguration

Hey all,

I've been recently attempting to parse iTunes music library xml plists,
and have run into an issue.  When loading an
XMLPropertyListConfiguration the following exception is thrown:

    org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException: Unable to
parse the configuration file
        at
org.apache.commons.configuration.plist.XMLPropertyListConfiguration.load(XMLPropertyListConfiguration.java:249)
    Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string:
"3290007019"
        at
java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
        at java.lang.Integer.<init>(Integer.java:620)

The offending line in the XML file is:

3290007019 is outside of the range of an int, so I'm guessing that is
the issue.  Is this a case of a malformed plist, or a bug
XMLPropertyListConfiguration?
Is there any way I can solve this?

Thanks in advance

--
Michael Cugini
Software Engineer

Re: Problem initializing XMLPropertyListConfiguration

Posted by Michael Cugini <mi...@escapemg.com>.
Thanks  Emmanuel, I was unsure if the spec limited the integer size or not.

Michael Cugini

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
Hi Michael,

Posted by Romualdo Rubens de Freitas <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

Maybe it's not a bug. If you read carefully the value in the <integer>
element seems to be a date value.

So, as Emmanuel suggests, you can read it as a long value because, in
Java, date values are stored
as a long value inside java.util.Date class or you can construct a
java.util.GregorianCalendar object and
call its setTimeInMillis() method passing in the long value.

Regards,
Romualdo Rubens de Freitas

2008/4/3 Michael Cugini <mi...@escapemg.com>:
> Hey all,
>
>  I've been recently attempting to parse iTunes music library xml plists, and
> have run into an issue.  When loading an XMLPropertyListConfiguration the
> following exception is thrown:
>
>    org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException: Unable to parse
> the configuration file
>        at
> org.apache.commons.configuration.plist.XMLPropertyListConfiguration.load(XMLPropertyListConfiguration.java:249)
>    Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string:
> "3290007019"
>        at
> java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
>        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:459)
>        at java.lang.Integer.<init>(Integer.java:620)
>
>  The offending line in the XML file is:
>
>  3290007019 is outside of the range of an int, so I'm guessing that is the
> issue.  Is this a case of a malformed plist, or a bug
> XMLPropertyListConfiguration?
>  Is there any way I can solve this?
>
>  Thanks in advance
>
>  --
>  Michael Cugini
>  Software Engineer Escape Media Group, Inc. 201 SE 2nd Ave. Ste 209
> Gainesville, FL 32601 Cell: (941) 504-0479 http://www.escapemg.com/
> http://www.grooveshark.com/

Romualdo Rubens de Freitas