Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/26 01:56:47 UTC

Merging tapestry-jpa-transactions to T5.5

Hey all,

just a heads-up, I'm planning on bringing in Satago Ltd's
tapestry-jpa-transactions into T5 core, which will replace the existing
tapestry-jpa implementation for T5.5. The code is already under Apache v2
license and I have a buy-in from all of the contributors (see
https://github.com/satago/tapestry-jpa-transactions/issues/2). It should be
a drop-in replacement with some enhanced functionality (nested
transactions, commit hooks). There's a few small issues still unresolved,
so I'll work on it as a github project first and merge it all in when ready.

Kalle

PS. Thanks Jochen for updating the dependencies, I don't remember the last
time the whole test suite run successfully on my computer without any
hiccups.

Re: Merging tapestry-jpa-transactions to T5.5

Posted by Jochen Kemnade <jo...@eddyson.de>.
Hi,

Am 26.04.2016 um 01:56 schrieb Kalle Korhonen:
> PS. Thanks Jochen for updating the dependencies, I don't remember the last
> time the whole test suite run successfully on my computer without any
> hiccups.

Yes, I wish we could finally get it to run in Jenkins again.

Re: Merging tapestry-jpa-transactions to T5.5

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
To be more specific, tapestry-jpa-transactions'
TransactionalUnitJpaTransactionAdvisor should be a drop-in replacement for
T5's current JpaTransactionAdvisorImpl, many other parts of the JPA module
stay as is.

Kalle