Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net> on 2005/12/12 05:48:08 UTC

Re: How to start web service application before the web client applic ation

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 07:00:25PM -0500, Vasudha Kini wrote:
: I have both web service and web client application deployed to local host.
:
: How can I make tomcat load web service application before web client
: application?

1/ run apps in separate Tomcat containers -- start the service app
container before the client app container

2/ hack the Tomcat source code to force a load order

Technically, there's no reliable way to do this if you insist on running
both apps in the same container.  Java web apps are supposed to be
fairly self-contained and otherwise independent of one another; as such,
a design that relies on app start order is in need of review.

-QM

--

software   -- http://www.brandxdev.net/
tech news  -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com/