Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "Uchoa, Rodrigo" <ro...@accenture.com> on 2018/01/09 13:59:08 UTC

[SPARK-CORE] JVM Properties passed as -D, not being found inside UDAF classes

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to pass -D properties (JVM properties) to a Spark Application where we have some UDAF (User Defined Aggregate Functions) who will read those properties (using System.getProperty()). The problem is, the properties are never there when we try to read them.

According to the docs, we have two ways of passing -D variables:

--conf 'spark.driver.extraJavaOptions=-Dmy.key=value1'
--conf 'spark.executor.extraJavaOptions=-Dmy.key=value1'

First for "driver", the second for "executors". So the first one is working, because code outside the UDAF can read the property. But the second apparently is not.

Can this have something to do with the fact that we're using client mode? '. Or could this have something to do specifically with the UDAF classes? -driver-java-options' also didn't work.  To summarise, only the UDAF classes don't see the JVM properties.

I'm using Spark 2.2.0.

Best,

www.accenture.com