Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Aaron Lewis <th...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/15 13:23:39 UTC

Does the SolrQuery class support 'inc' command?

Hi,

I'm trying to do a partial update, according to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Updating+Parts+of+Documents

I can use 'inc' command to do that, but I couldn't find relevant PHP API here:
http://php.net/manual/en/class.solrquery.php

Anyone know what function should I use? I tried 'addField' but that
would just override existing entry

--
Best Regards,
Aaron Lewis - PGP: 0x13714D33 - http://pgp.mit.edu/

Re: Does the SolrQuery class support 'inc' command?

Posted by Matthew Nigl <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Aaron,

I do not believe that there is direct support for atomic updates with this
API. Other libraries such as Solarium do support this.

However, one option is that you could generate the atomic update XML in
code and send it via a raw request:
http://php.net/manual/en/solrclient.request.php

Regards,
Matt