Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Kafka <ka...@126.com> on 2016/07/18 16:03:11 UTC

Compacted topic cannot accept message without key

Hi,
	The server log shows error as belows on broker 0.9.0.
	ERROR [Replica Manager on Broker 0]: Error processing append operation on partition [__consumer_offsets,5] (kafka.server.ReplicaManager)
kafka.message.InvalidMessageException: Compacted topic cannot accept message without key.

Why does this happen and what’s the solution?

Re: Compacted topic cannot accept message without key

Posted by Kafka <ka...@126.com>.
thanks for your answer,I know the necessity of key for compacted topics,and as you know,__consumer_offsets is a internal compacted topic in kafka,and it’s key is a triple of <groupid, topic, partition>,these errors are occurred when the consumer client wants to commit group offset.
so why does his happen?

Posted by Kafka <ka...@126.com>.

Posted by Dustin Cote <du...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Dustin Cote <du...@confluent.io>.