Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Fernando.B" <fe...@olx.com> on 2009/07/10 01:55:54 UTC

SEVERE: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Hello,

we're having a lot of

Jul 10, 2009 7:55:01 AM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
SEVERE: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

on our application.  Any leads?

- Running SOLR 1.3 (this was also happening on 1.2 before)
- Using SOLR for "user" open text queries

Re: SEVERE: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: :(
:
: that is all we have in there!!!
:
: Is there any way I can raise the logging level for it?

it's not an issue of "logging level" -- that just affects which types of
messages get logged, this message is getting logged so the level is fine.

The problem is the log formatting.  if this is all you are getting then
your servlet container isn't configured to format messages containing
exceptions so that the full stack trace is included.

it would help to know what servlet container you are using, which version,
how it's configured, etc...

setting asside the topic of getting better formating from your logs, it
would also help to know:
 * what log messages happen before and after these errors?
 * is this error triggered on every request?
 * when it is triggered, is it consistent? (ie: if a search for "foo"
cuses this, does every search for "foo" cause it, or is it more random and
unpredictable?)
 * if some requests trigger this error in your logs, what happens to the
request? does hte client get a response? what does it look like? does it
have a more complete error message with stack trace?

...these are all pieces of information that are fairly crucial anytime
anyone asks a question about an error message they're getting in their log
files, it's hard to even guess at the problem with out them.

trouble shooting is all about the details ... help us help you.

-Hoss

Re: SEVERE: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Posted by "Fernando.B" <fe...@olx.com>.
:(

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
We need a bit more of that stack trace. Is there any more? Something with
line numbers and class names is best. That is a very generic exception.

- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com