Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Tait, Allen" <at...@IDEXX.com> on 2001/07/24 17:29:55 UTC

WAR files and the WEB-INF/lib directory

I am working on a web publishing app and am using Tomcat 3.2.1 with Cocoon.
My application is installed by putting the .war file in the
tomcat_home/webapps directory and restarting Tomcat.  I am finding that any
.jar files that I include in the WEB-INF/lib directory are not available to
my application.  However, if I explicitly include them in the CLASSPATH,
when tomcat starts, everything works fine.  Is there some configuration that
I am missing or is an entry required in the web.xml file to get Tomcat to
look at the application's WEB-INF/lib directory?  I want to keep some .jars
that apply to a particular app out of the global environment.

Thanks

Re: WAR files and the WEB-INF/lib directory

Posted by Wyn Easton <wy...@yahoo.com>.
I don't think you are missing anything.
The jar files in your web apps. web-inf/lib directory
can not be seen from classes loaded from outside of
your web app.  Someplace you are probably loading a
class that does not have access to the jar files in
your web app.

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/