Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Daniel Frey <qw...@gmx.ch> on 2004/10/26 12:43:12 UTC

JCoverage plugin and inner classes (anonymous classes)

Hi,

Since I use maven (1.0b8 or so) up to now (1.0) I observe that the JCoverage
plugin does produce wrong results for inner/anonymous classes. I.e. I have
got a class called ClassOne, which has an anonymouls inner class. The two
classes are displayed in the coverage report as ClassOnewith 44% and
ClassOne$1 with 0% tested. The underlining reference to the html-file is in
both cases the same. However, the file displays only the coverage of the
inner class, the outer class does not contain any counts, red or green
lines.

I doublechecked whether the coverage.xml file contains the corresponding
values, which it does. So it seems to be a problem of the plugin itself.

I would appreciate to get a full display of the coverage report of classes
even in the presence of inner classes. How is this achievable?

Thanks for your help.
Daniel Frey

Re: JCoverage plugin and inner classes (anonymous classes)

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
> Since I use maven (1.0b8 or so) up to now (1.0) I observe that the
JCoverage
> plugin does produce wrong results for inner/anonymous classes. I.e. I have
> got a class called ClassOne, which has an anonymouls inner class. The two
> classes are displayed in the coverage report as ClassOnewith 44% and
> ClassOne$1 with 0% tested. The underlining reference to the html-file is
in
> both cases the same. However, the file displays only the coverage of the
> inner class, the outer class does not contain any counts, red or green
> lines.
>
> I doublechecked whether the coverage.xml file contains the corresponding
> values, which it does. So it seems to be a problem of the plugin itself.
>
> I would appreciate to get a full display of the coverage report of classes
> even in the presence of inner classes. How is this achievable?

You can open a new issue, and eventually add a patch.

Emmanuel