Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/29 22:47:39 UTC

Solr Ref Guide: access to intermediate HTML from a PDF export

I talked to Gavin McDonald and Tony Stevenson on HipChat today about access to the intermediate HTML produced during PDF export of the Solr Ref Guide.

Access to the intermediate HTML would be useful for two things: troubleshooting CSS issues, and exploring an alternative PDF conversion mechanism.

Gavin helped track down where it’s stored (in a different place than described in the Confluence docs), e.g.:

/x1/cwiki/confluence-data/temp/htmlexport-20140829-193431-10839/export-intermediate-193431-10840.html

I’ve made an INFRA JIRA to provide regular access to these, and Gavin has suggested that he’ll setup a cron job to copy them to a better place than the temp dir, to be served by a web server:

Gavin sent me the intermediate HTML for a PDF export I did about an hour ago, and I can send it to anybody who wants it.

Steve
www.lucidworks.com