Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2002/06/21 19:11:24 UTC

html:radio.valueProperty

I haven't needed one before, but it looks like we could use a tag
enhancement for printing a collection of radio buttons.

Given a standard LabelValue type collection, this seems to work well
enough

<logic:iterate id="row" name="HOURS"
type="org.apache.struts.util.LabelValueBean">
name="row" property="label"/>
</logic:iterate>

And just adding a "valueProperty" property could eliminate the
scriptlet, so we'd have

<logic:iterate id="row" name="HOURS">
<bean:write name="row" property="label"/>
</logic:iterate>

Should I give this a whirl, or is there a better solution already?

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Java Web Development with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services

Re: html:radio.valueProperty

Posted by Mirko Maischberger <mi...@lilik.dmti.unifi.it>.
Il ven, 2002-06-21 alle 19:11, Ted Husted ha scritto:
> [...]
> Given a standard LabelValue type collection, this seems to work well
> enough
> [...]
> <logic:iterate id="row" name="HOURS">
> <bean:write name="row" property="label"/>
> </logic:iterate>
>
> Should I give this a whirl, or is there a better solution already?

almost the same thing. I think there is a way to switch between
different views with a lot fewer typing.

What about:

  <logic:iterate>
    some HTML <html:option property="" valueProperty=""> HTML
  </logic:iterate>

And

	prefixKey="HTML" suffixKey="HTML">

Bye,