Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by "Alexei V. Alexandrov" <av...@elcomsoft.com> on 2000/09/15 23:50:54 UTC

Re[2]: Redirecting and fdat

Hello John,

JW> Thanks for the help. I'm already using cookies for authentication, so addinganother won't hurt. Just a few questions.

JW> My web servers are load balanced. Any problems with %udat getting information
JW> back if the new document is loaded on a different server? Or does it store the
JW> hash in the cookie?

JW> What would be the advantages/disadvantages to using the DBI session handling of
JW> %udat?
Embperl uses Apache::Session to store session information (%udat). If
you have successfully configured session handling you shoul see in
error log smth. like this: SES: Embperl sessions enabled (>=1.xx) where
in brackets the version of Apache::Session you use.
JW> I'm already investigation the Embperl/Apache::Session DBI session handling. I
JW> can't seem to find any information of how the "session" table it be set up. Do
JW> I have to create a field for key I use in %udat?
Check out the man on Apache::Session::MySQL and you will soon find it
out. If yor servers are load balanced i think this really doesn`t
matter because if a client has a cookie with it`s session id, so it
can be retrieved from the backend sql server you use to store the
data. Correct me if it is not right (never used load balancing).
JW> Thanks,
JW> John

JW> On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Gerald Richter wrote:
>> >
>> > What I want is to have the data that is stored in fdat, from the first
>> document,
>> > be passed to the second document via the redirect.  Is this possible?
>> >
>> You can append them as query string to the redirect URL
>>
>> e.g. to pass name
>>
>>  $req_rec->header_out("Location" => "second.epl?name=$fdat{name}");
>>   $req_rec->status(REDIRECT);
>>
>> or you can use the session management and store them in %udat, but this will
>> introduce cookies.
>>
>> Gerald

Best regards,
Alexei V. Alexandrov                   [AA4460, AVA32-RIPN, AA1829-RIPE]
*** Alexei V. Alexandrov -- www.elcomsoft.com ---- ava@elcomsoft.com ***
*** PGP Fingerprint:        6550 3949 FA86 E559  3036 E09F BBD9 B0C5 ***