Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2004/09/07 09:07:53 UTC

Re: svn commit: rev 43442 - forrest/trunk/src/core/fresh-site

crossley@apache.org wrote:

> Author: crossley
> Date: Mon Sep  6 18:50:54 2004
> New Revision: 43442
>
> Modified:
>    forrest/trunk/src/core/fresh-site/forrest.properties
> Log:
> Synchronise with default.forrest.properties
> Also bring back the mechanism to switch off certain parts of the validation.
> These settings seemed to be accidently removed at r9099 2004-01-04

It was done on purpose as AFAIK we had decided to validate everything
and have only one generic exclusion property. This reduces complexity
and should not really sacrifice functionality.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: validation properties (Was: svn commit: rev 43442)

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>>Author: crossley
>>>Date: Mon Sep  6 18:50:54 2004
>>>New Revision: 43442
>>>
>>>Modified:
>>>   forrest/trunk/src/core/fresh-site/forrest.properties
>>>Log:
>>>Synchronise with default.forrest.properties
>>>Also bring back the mechanism to switch off certain parts of the validation.
>>>These settings seemed to be accidently removed at r9099 2004-01-04
>>
>>It was done on purpose as AFAIK we had decided to validate everything
>>and have only one generic exclusion property. This reduces complexity
>>and should not really sacrifice functionality.
>
> We needed to use it recently:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listId=260&msgNo=547
>
> So obviously that ability is still required.

It's not that obvious to me... I don't think that we should be keeping a
feature to route round Forrest deficiencies :-P

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> > Author: crossley
> > Date: Mon Sep  6 18:50:54 2004
> > New Revision: 43442
> >
> > Modified:
> >    forrest/trunk/src/core/fresh-site/forrest.properties
> > Log:
> > Synchronise with default.forrest.properties
> > Also bring back the mechanism to switch off certain parts of the validation.
> > These settings seemed to be accidently removed at r9099 2004-01-04
>
> It was done on purpose as AFAIK we had decided to validate everything
> and have only one generic exclusion property. This reduces complexity
> and should not really sacrifice functionality.

We needed to use it recently:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listId=260&msgNo=547

So obviously that ability is still required. I must have had
a New Year's hangover when that old commit message came through :-)

--
David Crossley