Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Abhilash Nambiar <ab...@6dtech.co.in> on 2007/07/25 12:54:32 UTC

ThreadPool Full error while using XML RPC

Hi,

Iam using xmlrpc-2.0.1 to send and receive requests and response to an Ericsson CS 3.0 AIR server.
The customer sends requests which are received by a web-service servlet which uses Tomcat as the web-server these requests are then
processed and formatted and sent to AIR server as   xml-rpc requests over http.

When i implement it in production it works fine for an hour or so after some time my webserver which hosts the
web-service gets stuck and sometimes shows the message "org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool logFull

SEVERE: All threads (300) are currently busy, waiting. Increase maxThreads (300) or check the servlet status.

This Web-Service works fine when we use the telnet protocol to connect and send requests to the AIR server. This problem occurs

only after we ported the application to xml-rpc.

Kindly help me find a solution to this problem . Pls find attached code to connect and send request using XML-RPC.

Thanks & Regards
Abhilash Nambiar

Six DEE Telecom Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
#5, 100 Feet Ring Road,
BTM Layout, 1st Stage, 1st Phase,
Bangalore - 560068
http://www.6dtech.co.in
Landline: +91 80 41311200 Ext. 64
Fax:        +91 80 4131 1400
Mobile:    +91 98 86 31 59 70

Notice: This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, are intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and contain Six DEE Telecom Solutions Pvt. Ltd.  confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying which amounts to misappropriation of this e-mail and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.

Re: ThreadPool Full error while using XML RPC

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 7/25/07, Abhilash Nambiar <ab...@6dtech.co.in> wrote:

> web-service gets stuck and sometimes shows the message
> "org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool logFull

This is a typical Tomcat problem and not related to XML-RPC. I suggest
you google for ThreadPool and Tomcat or query the Tomcat users mailing
list.

Jochen

--
"Besides, manipulating elections is under penalty of law, resulting in
a preventative effect against manipulating elections.

The german government justifying the use of electronic voting machines
and obviously  believing that we don't need a police, because all
illegal actions are forbidden.

http://dip.bundestag.de/btd/16/051/1605194.pdf