Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com> on 2001/06/29 11:42:03 UTC

Re: TomcatBook - was TOMCAT SUCKS

I think tomcatbook "must" be a sub project of tomcat.
Like it or not, we have to overdrive tomcat expert for
tomcat development it-self.

I think.
Tomcat=good software,
Tomcat book=good project,
Tomcat with easy to used  documentation and a lot of
project=better software.

Don't think like this.
1. Because apache tomcat is from SUN, so all the
commiter have to be don't care of this stuff.
2. Free is different with commercial, because we work
in part time and hobbyst

Remember good project with bad documentation is not a
good project. if the software is not as easy as
possible, it is not a easy to used software. This is
why microsoft is popular. try their way, see Microsoft
Press.

Easy will overdrive of popularity.

I write this because I care of tomcat project.

I worked from one of the big consulting firm last
year, and I did several converstaion with my eBusiness
team,

"opensource never go to enterprise, even Linux, even
several company try to support it like IBM" if  no
good suppoer, and that software is not as easy as
possible.

Esp for Open Source project, is there a training
center for Open Source, yah.. only Red Hat, is it
cheap??? for me.. 1 training in Red Hat = 1 year
food.. and it is still SUCK training.

I think you all have to change the role.

Oh yah, I am one of the most SUCK but make me life
better. It is called Oracle Application (#2 ERP
software in the world). They sell great software
because there is very complex and thousand bugs
there...and every module 1000 pages, but All the
consultants always say it is not detail enough. Still
SUCK software. SUCK because we pay the maintenance for
patch of the bugs.

This is make Open Source popular, less bug, but where
is the documentation.

Regards,

Frans

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/