Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alan Cooper <al...@lumison.net> on 2007/06/05 10:35:27 UTC

Java core dump location

Running Tomcat5.5 from Red Hat packages on a RHEL4 server.

I’m having problem with one of my webapps in that it occasionally core
dumps. I’m working getting the root cause sorted out, but in the meantime,
the core dumps fill /tmp – can anyone point me to a guide to changing where
the core dumps are dumped to?

Kind Regards,

Alan

---

Alan Cooper

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
18:43

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Any
offers or quotation of service are subject to formal specification.
Errors and omissions excepted.  Please note that any views or opinions
necessarily represent those of Lumison, nplusone or lightershade ltd.
presence of viruses.  Lumison, nplusone and lightershade ltd accepts no

Virus scanned by Lumison.

Re: Java core dump location

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Java core dump location

Posted by Zdeněk Vráblík <zd...@vrablik.org>.
Hi,
there my by problem with core file size.

Try ulimit -c unlimited.

Here is more instructions to check coredump settings
http://support.bea.com/application_content/product_portlets/support_patterns/wls/BinaryCoreFileAnalysisPattern.html#Operating_System_Values_that_should_be_checked_for_core_file_generation

Regards,
Zdenek