Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/17 05:53:11 UTC

Re: Preferred JDK Version?

Hi Dan,

Can we say cxf 2.0.x fix branch work with jdk 1.6?

I saw several test failure build with 1.6.0_06, they are
  testWsdlNoService(org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.jaxws.CodeGenBugTest)
  testNoServiceImport(org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.jaxws.CodeGenBugTest)
  testNoServiceNOPortType(org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.jaxws.CodeGenBugTest)

Thanks

Freeman

Re: Preferred JDK Version?

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for clarifying this issue for me.

Cheers

Freeman

Re: Preferred JDK Version?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On May 17, 2008, at 12:11 PM, Adrian Corcoran wrote:

> So is it also the case that cxf 2.0.x will not run with jaxb 2.1?
> currently
> using jdk 5, & jaxb 2.0.5 but may move to to jaxb 2.1 and use jaxb
> 2.0 for
> wsdl2java/xjc

2.0.x SHOULD work fine with JAXB 2.1.x.   However, it won't be "JAX-WS
2.0 compliant" if you do that.  I've seen a couple people replace the
JAXB stuff in 2.0.x with 2.1 versions (to use SXC for example).

Dan

> On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On May 16, 2008, at 11:53 PM, Freeman Fang wrote:
>>
>> Hi Dan,
>>>
>>> Can we say cxf 2.0.x fix branch work with jdk 1.6?
>>>

>> No, the 2.0.x branch doesn't work with 1.6.  It can "somewhat work"
>> with
>> JDK 1.6 up to update 3, but not at all with updates 4 and later
>> without
>> endorsing a bunch of things which would mess up the jaxws stuff
>> built into
>> the jdk.
>>

>> I saw several test failure build with 1.6.0_06, they are
>>> testWsdlNoService(org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.jaxws.CodeGenBugTest)
>>> testNoServiceImport
>>> (org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.jaxws.CodeGenBugTest)
>>> testNoServiceNOPortType
>>> (org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.jaxws.CodeGenBugTest)
>>>

>> The trunk (2.1) should work with JDK 1.6 update 4 and later except
>> for one
>> of the JAX-RS tests (last I checked, Sergey might have fixed it)
>> due to
>> Abdera relying on a particular hash map ordering or something like
>> that.
>> However, it WON'T work with updates 1 - 3.  I t needs update 4 or
>> later.
>>
>> Dan
>>

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Freeman

>> ---
>> Daniel Kulp
>> dkulp@apache.org
>> http://www.dankulp.com/blog

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Re: Preferred JDK Version?

Posted by Adrian Corcoran <ad...@gmail.com>.

Re: Preferred JDK Version?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On May 16, 2008, at 11:53 PM, Freeman Fang wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Can we say cxf 2.0.x fix branch work with jdk 1.6?

No, the 2.0.x branch doesn't work with 1.6.  It can "somewhat work"
with JDK 1.6 up to update 3, but not at all with updates 4 and later
without endorsing a bunch of things which would mess up the jaxws
stuff built into the jdk.

> I saw several test failure build with 1.6.0_06, they are
> testWsdlNoService(org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.jaxws.CodeGenBugTest)
> testNoServiceImport(org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.jaxws.CodeGenBugTest)
> testNoServiceNOPortType
> (org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.jaxws.CodeGenBugTest)

The trunk (2.1) should work with JDK 1.6 update 4 and later except for
one of the JAX-RS tests (last I checked, Sergey might have fixed it)
due to Abdera relying on a particular hash map ordering or something
like that.     However, it WON'T work with updates 1 - 3.  I t needs
update 4 or later.

Dan

> Thanks
>
> Freeman
>
> Daniel Kulp wrote:
>> On Tuesday 01 April 2008, davidwsica wrote:
>>
>>> Can someone provide an update on using JDK6 (latest update 5) with
>>> the
>>> latest CXF 2.1?  Are there still issues with JAX-WS 2.1?
>>>

>> Not with jaxws.   We have one system test failure in the jaxrs
>> stuff, but it's "non-critical".   Basically, the hashmaps are
>> ordered differently in J6 which is causing a problem with a test
>> that is assuming a particular order.   (yes, it's a bad test.
>> We're looking at it.)
>>
>> Other than that, the entire CXF build builds and tests fine with
>> Java6 and the TCK has the same failures with Java6 as it does with
>> Java5.
>>
>> Oh: there is one demo that is also failing that Sean is looking at.
>>
>> Dan
>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> David

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Re: Preferred JDK Version?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On May 17, 2008, at 5:21 AM, Freeman Fang wrote:

> And I also build cxf trunk with jdk1.6.0_06 and get different test
> failure
> testTypedefGeneration
> (org.apache.cxf.tools.corba.processors.IDLToWSDLGenerationTest)
>
> Can shed me some light shall we build cxf with jdk 16?
> Thanks very much

Hmm...   I had that test working on update 4 on Linux.    I'll dig
into next week to make sure everything on trunk is OK again.

Dan

> Freeman
>
> Freeman Fang wrote:
>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> Can we say cxf 2.0.x fix branch work with jdk 1.6?
>>
>> I saw several test failure build with 1.6.0_06, they are
>> testWsdlNoService(org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.jaxws.CodeGenBugTest)
>> testNoServiceImport(org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.jaxws.CodeGenBugTest)
>> testNoServiceNOPortType
>> (org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.jaxws.CodeGenBugTest)
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Freeman
>>
>> Daniel Kulp wrote:

>>> Not with jaxws.   We have one system test failure in the jaxrs
>>> stuff, but it's "non-critical".   Basically, the hashmaps are
>>> ordered differently in J6 which is causing a problem with a test
>>> that is assuming a particular order.   (yes, it's a bad test.
>>> We're looking at it.)
>>>
>>> Other than that, the entire CXF build builds and tests fine with
>>> Java6 and the TCK has the same failures with Java6 as it does with
>>> Java5.
>>>
>>> Oh: there is one demo that is also failing that Sean is looking at.
>>>
>>> Dan

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org